Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Jello Yogurt Fruit Salad:

I hope everyone is having a great summer!
We are so far. The only bad thing is, it's been WAY busier and WAY hotter than we expected! 
But at least that gave me two very good reasons for trying out this super yummy salad! It was very quick to make and was so cool and refreshing! The perfect summer salad or dessert. Plus, it's not all that sweet or bad for you. I hope you try this recipe out and enjoy it as much as we did!!!

Raspberry-Banana Yogurt Salad

1-1/2 cups boiling water
1 package strawberry gelatin
2 (6 oz.) containers Strawberry yogurt
1 cup strawberries, diced (fresh or frozen, but if they're frozen, they need to be thawed and well drained)
2 small bananas, diced

In a bowl, whisk together boiling water and gelatin until gelatin is completely dissolved. Stir in yogurt. Fold in fruit. Pour into 6 (8 oz) custard cups. Chill for at least 2 hours or until set (the longer they sit, the better). Serve!

Note:
-Obviously from the picture, you can tell that the original recipe called for raspberries, but I didn't have any, so I used strawberries instead! But, that's the great thing about this kind of recipe. You can change it up however you want! For instance, I think the next I make it, I will try it with blue gelatin, blueberry yogurt and blueberries! There are several other options out there too, and I'm sure they would all be good! Let me know what you try! 
-You could probably make this in just one large serving dish, if you wanted. 
-This recipe could easily be halved, doubled or tripled, depending on the amount of people you are feeding.  

No comments: