Thursday, December 20, 2012

Hamburger Gravy:

This was a nice change of pace kind of gravy and served over mashed potatoes, it was super yummy and really fast! I think it would also be good over pasta or biscuits, as well. I hope you give this quick dish a try!

Quick Hamburger Gravy Recipe

1 &1/2 lb. ground beef
1/2 cup onion, chopped
1/2 cup cornstarch
2 tblsp. beef bouillon granules (check the label for gluten)
dash of pepper
5 cups milk
Hot mashed potatoes

In a large skillet, brown the beef and onion over high heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in cornstarch, beef seasoning, and pepper. Mix well. Gradually stir in milk. Stir constantly over med-high heat until the milk thickens (this only took 3-4 minutes for me). Serve over mashed potatoes!




post signature

3 comments:

Spiffwiggler said...

Karissa, would it be too much to ask you to provide nutritional vaules for this to me? I made this tonight for my Gran and I over rice. I am trying to lose weight, need to lose like 100 pounds, so it would be good for me to be able to put the nutritional info into my calorie program.

Thanks, Michael

Karissa Brazeal said...

Michael,
I'm so glad you stopped by! I hope you enjoyed the gravy! I am loading this recipe to MyRecipe Magic right now, and it should post soon. As soon as it does, I will post another comment here, with the link to the recipe. There, you will be able to find out all of the nutritional info for this recipe! It will post no later than tomorrow afternoon, hopefully sooner, so I will get it to you as soon as I can!
Thanks again for stopping by!

Karissa Brazeal said...

Michael,
I am SOOO sorry it took so long to get the nutritional info to you. It still has not posted to MyRecipe Magic yet, so I don't know if the site is having trouble or what. Here is the info from the original recipe. The only change I made, was that I use cornstarch and the original recipe used flour. I'm not sure how much difference that would make. Anyways, here the info I found:

Nutritional Facts:
1/2 cup (calculated without potatoes or rice) equals 156 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 33 mg cholesterol, 447 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 12 g protein.

I hope that helps, and again, I'm sorry for the delay!
God Bless You!
Karissa