Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Fried Fish:

We very rarely fry anything, but my dad bought a lot of Walleye Fish and no matter how I cook it, no one but him likes it! It's such a salty tasting fish, and we just don't care for it. So in an effort to try to use up this fish, I decided to at least try frying it. We found a a great fish fry coating, and so we gave it a try. Everyone actually really liked, except my dad!!!! Oh, well! You can't always please everyone! I hope you give it a try!


8 fish fillets, any fish you want
2 cups breading
1 egg
2 tsp. water
Oil for Frying
Tartar Sauce for serving (click here for my recipe)

Heat oil to 350 degrees. Rinse fish with cold water; pat dry with paper towels. Place breading in one dish and set aside. Place eggs and water in a separate dish and beat well. Dip fish in egg and then roll in breading, pressing to make it stick really well. Carefully place in the oil, two fillets at a time. Cook until golden brown, and fish flakes easily. Drain on paper towels. Serve with tartar sauce!

Note:
-Click here for the recipe for some awesome onion rings that we served with this!
-Although my dad did not care for this breading, the rest of us really liked it, so I wanted to share it with you. We got it at Walmart in the baking isle with other flour and breading.



No comments: