Monday, September 12, 2016

Cheesy Garlic Baby Potatoes:

A friend of mine just recently introduced me to the world of baby potatoes.
Don't get me wrong, I already knew they existed...my dad digs them up out of the garden every year!
I just didn't know that they could be bought in a bag at the grocery store!
(it takes surprisingly precious little to excite me, in case you didn't notice!)

Anyway, so we bought a bag of those cute little things (and as a side note, it was super cute, because they were red and yellow potatoes mixed together, which just adds to the awesomeness)!
Then I came across a recipe similar to this, and I didn't know how it could possibly go wrong: little baby potatoes, butter, garlic and cheese.
I know, right?!!?!!!

And they were awesome! Everyone enjoyed them! 
And get ready for this........
.........they were so cute!!!!
It might seem a tad complicated, but they are really super easy, and I mean, for a side dish, what entree does this not go with?!
I hope you try them out!!!



(P.S. Just a little FYI: we got our bag of baby potatoes at Sam's Club.)

2 & 1/2 lbs. baby potatoes
6 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon mince garlic
1 tablespoon dried parsley
Shredded cheese (anything that melts really nice, stringy and creamy. I used mozzarella)

Place potatoes in a large pan of boiling water. 
Cook for about 15 minutes, or until almost done. 
Remove from the pan with a slotted spoon and place on a dish towel to dry 
(they'll dry almost immediately.) 
Place the dried potatoes on a foil lined baking sheet. 
Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, melt the butter and garlic in a small sauce pan over medium heat, and simmer while the potatoes bake, stirring often. 
. Using the back of a fork, gently press on each potato, to slightly smash it 
(basically you're just wanting to break the skins, but that's hard to do without smashing the whole potato at least a little bit!).
Spoon/drizzle the garlic butter over all of the potatoes. 
Sprinkle the cheese over everything.
Sprinkle with parsley. 
Bake at 400 for 10-15 minutes or until cheesy is melted and bubbly 
and starting to get a little golden brown.
Serve!!

No comments: