Monday, October 20, 2014

Nutella Rice Crispy Treats:

So I went to make one of my favorite desserts the other day, and then realized I was out of corn syrup. 
Being VERY hungry for the chocolate/peanut butter combo, I started looking for alternatives! I have seen so many different rice crispy treat recipes floating all over pinterest, and this was one of them. Now, I'm not the biggest fan of Nutella, but my sister, Kelley, LOVES it, so I decided to give them a try!
They turned out really great and I was super happy with them!
Plus, it's a no-bake recipe, so it's perfect if you don't want to stand in a hot kitchen all day!
Hope you give them a try! 


4 tblsp. butter
1 (10 oz.) package miniature marshmallows
3/4 cup Nutella
1/4 cup peanut butter
2 tblsp. cocoa powder
6 cups rice crispy cereal

Melt the butter in a large saucepan, over medium heat. Add marshmallows, Nutella and peanut butter. Cook until marshmallows are melted and mixture is smooth and creamy, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in the cocoa powder. 
Place rice crispy cereal in a large bowl. Pour marshmallow mixture over cereal. Stir until well mixed and evenly coated. 
Spread the mixture into a greased 9x13-inch baking dish and pat out evenly.
Refrigerate until cool. Cut in half lengthwise and remove from the pan onto a cutting board. Using a large knife or pizza cutter, slice into long strips or squares. Store in an airtight container.

Note:
-These do not have to be stored in the refrigerator.
-I've not tried it yet, but the original recipe said to make these with Cocoa Rice Crispies for an extra chocolatey flavor!



No comments: